terça-feira, outubro 13, 2009

A day with Teté

A new day brought a new destination. The weather has been so nice, so summer-like that I asked Telma if she would like to go to the beach with me. For a couple of hours or so.
I took the train and the subway to Terreiro do Paço to take the boat to the other side of the river. The side of Telma. And the beach. I was so surprised and, at the same time, feeling like an idiot, when I realized there are no boats to Cacilhas from there anymore! I honestly thought that, being the construction of the new subway station done, the boats would leave from there, as they used to.


I decided to walk to the other pier. Not far at all. But I must say I was surprised by the fact that the subway station is done and working, but above ground things look yet to be finished... Well...

The good news is that this old pier, Cais das Colunas, is back in its place! It was taken away from there for many years. But now it's all restored and looks amazing. Not leaning like it used to.


Some things never change indeed. These fish love the sewage!


The bridge over the river is always there.


I kept on walking and I was truly surprised to see some new and cool buildings in Cais do Sodré!




I like this new and old fusion thing.


And there I was, at the pier. A really neat place, I must say!


I wanted to take the ferry, so I could stay outside... But the normal boat was there waiting...


The view was nontheless stunning!




As it is upon arrival, to Cacilhas.




My beautiful Telma picked me up and off we were to Costa da Caparica, a very popular resort just outside Lisbon!
It was a tad windy, but the sun was shining anfd everything felt perfect!



The beach was pretty much empty. And I was so happy to finally set foot there. The same beach I used to go when I was a kid. And thin.

It's interesting to see how different the town is nowadays. Everything is organized and pretty. The beaches even have sand! They were running out of it, as I recall!



It was really nice being at the beach, talking, eating bombons and roasting.

Soon, though, it was time to have lunch. So Telma invited me for lunch! And she, an eternal sweetheart, cooked for me! Burgers, fries and watercress salad!


It was delicious!

On my way back, I crossed the river again, stopped by Alameda, where a huge fountain can be seen... Although, as far as I can remember, I have seen it actually working only once...


I also stopped by Olaias subway station. A very nice station.




Even though the red subway line was not working... There had been a technical problem...

5 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

com o dia que esteve....só podias tirar fotos maravilhosas!! :)
Beijoca
Inês

Pulha Garcia disse...

The funny thing is that I live here all year long and I have never been to some of the subway stations you were at ...

Sofia Feliz disse...

Epá, foi aqui que voltei a ver o Cais das Colunas... vê lá tu o que faz uma pessoa já não ser solteira e ter filhos!!! Já nem há tempo para namorar à beira Tejo!

Daniel C.da Silva disse...

If i wouldn't know, i would say this is not Portugal. Don't you get that you live in such a wonderful country? :)

Dunguinha disse...

So pra dizer que a Fonte da Alameda funciona sim.. =D Eh uma imagem lindissima especialmente a noite.. Mas infelizmente so funciona em "dias de festa"...