segunda-feira, setembro 28, 2009

Sunday

Yesterday, an election for the parliament and prime minister took place here, in Portugal. Unfortunately, I could not vote, as I am still registered in Japan. For me to change this, I would have to be here three months before the election date...
My parents voted and we went out to visit some family. My uncle and aunt.


My uncle Armando is my father's brother.


We chatted for a while and looked at many pictures. Actually, I brought two of them. Both of my grandmother...

When we got back in town, we stopped at the local book fair. Every year there's one, not far from my place. And it's always in the park downtown, next to the train station.
We can buy books, but there is always lots of handcraft and cheeses and sausages, especially from the south of Portugal.


Here are some of those sausages.


And torresmos, fat fried pork guts. Something I would never ever ingest!



Look what we found: some books by Murakami. Japan is everywhere!


Wherever there's something to drink, my father is there. And this drink is from a very nice town not that far from here. Made of sour cherries.


My mom looking at some big fat sausages!



It was a nice day indeed.

3 comentários:

ArtByJoão disse...

Afinal aí na Feira do Livros pelos vistos também não havia farturas!!! Estavas-me a enganar...

:p

Da Costa De Carvalho dixit

Anónimo disse...

Pois que também lá passei no sábado...e domingo! :) Livros, artesanato, boa comida, boa bebida...e sim...também estavam lá as farturas e caipirinhas! LOL! A Amadora é mesmo internacional! :)
Beijocas
Inês

Sofia Feliz disse...

Torresmos a minha boca também não há-de experimentar!!!

Murakami, adoro. Tenho lido imenso.

Estou com o teu pai, numa ginginha de Óbitos à maneira, a última que bebi, em Agosto, foi servida numa tacinha de chocolate, para comer no final de beber. Sabia a bombons!

Esses enchidos alentejanos são a minha perdição: quando passo na estação da Amadora até viro a cara para o lado da Camara, só para não cair em tentação!

Um dia destes ainda nos cruzamos por um destes comboios...