domingo, setembro 27, 2009

The place I grew up

I grew up with my grandparents. I lived with them 17 years of my life. I miss those times, I dare to say. Mostly, because I miss having my grandfather alive. A man of jokes and beautiful eyes...

I don't want to cry, so I will just go on with this post...

In short, my parents took me to the street where I grew up, after we visited my grandmother at the home. And it was so cool to see an old neighbor from our building, the moment I got off the car!
When she saw me - and that's so her! - she was so surprised and clung her arms around my neck and kissed me. And kissed me. And kissed me.
She smelled great. Like she always did.


The funny thing was that I also met Inês! That same girl I hadn't seen forever!

Suddenly, I saw people waving at me from the window. And walking past and saying hello.
I felt happy. Like old times.

Anyway, here's the overview of "my" street. Somewhat differeny. But it still feels the same.



That yellow building used to be green. And before that it used to be some other color.
Back in the day, when I was thin and all, it was my primary school. Just across the street from where I lived.
And you guys wonder why am I a lazy bum!?

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Sim…que uma pessoa chega a casa vinda do trabalho e tá a vizinhança toda à janela a dizer adeus ao menino!! É certo que a malta daquela rua é cusca…mas foi só rir ver-te a dizer adeus aqueles velhotes todos!! Eheh!! Parecias a rainha Isabel II a acenar… LOL!!! Beijoca grande e foi muito bom ver-te por lá! :)

Ana Maria disse...

UUUUhh1 Great Angelo. Alter ego.